Credit cards with 3-D Secure
When paying tickets online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), you must enter your credit card number, the expiry date, the cardholder and the three-digit security code. It can be found in different places, depending on the credit card company, but it is normally printed on the signature strip.
WESTbahn secures your payment data with SSL encryption. You can easily check whether the connection between your computer and the web shop is secure: If the connection is secure, a lock will appear in the lower right-hand corner of the browser window (Internet Explorer and Firefox), to the right of the address bar (Chrome) or the top right of the browser window (Safari).
3-D Secure is also known as Verified by VISA (Visa), MasterCard Secure Code (MasterCard) or SafeKey (American Express). It is an additional security standard, developed in cooperation by all credit card companies. This means that payment by credit card takes place in the same manner, regardless of whether you pay by VISA, MasterCard or American Express.
The additional security consists of two elements:
- Your Verified by VISA-Code, SecureCode or SafeKey, which you have set up yourself: This code ensures that only you can make payments with your credit card, in a similar way to the PIN in a retail store. Keep the code secret. The risk of credit card misuse is virtually eliminated if you use the code.
- Your private data, which you enter when defining your code: Your private data will be displayed prior to entering the code during a purchase.
SOFORT is the direct payment method of SOFORT GmbH, which works on the basis of online banking. Unlike many other payment methods, you do not have to register or create a virtual account first.
This is how it works:
- Select bank: Click on SOFORT on the payment bar and select your bank.
- Log in: Log in with your online banking access data. The data will be encrypted and transmitted to your online banking.
- Prepare the transfer: Transfer the amount with a TAN that you have received from your bank for online banking. Each TAN can only be used once.
- Summary: You will now receive a summary of your transfer or a confirmation from the online shop in order to have all the information about your purchase.
EPS is a simple, fast and secure online payment method, which is based on online banking.
If you pay by EPS, you will be directed to your online banking account at your bank via a secure connection. There you will log in with your PIN and order the transfer by entering a TAN.
EPS was jointly developed by Bank Austria Creditanstalt, BAWAG P.S.K. Group, Erste Bank and Sparkassen, Raiffeisen banking group, Volksbanken and Hypothekenbanken.