Until September 4, 2020 travel times will be longer due to extensive construcion work along the Vienna - Salzburg line. Further below you will find the current timetable valid from August 3 until September 4, 2020. Please note the following deviations:
- Vienna > Salzburg: earlier departure in all stations, no stop in Neumarkt-Köstendorf
- Salzburg > Vienna: later departure in all stations after Wels, no stop in Neumarkt-Köstendorf (except 981)
In the course of the emergency allocation given to WESTbahn and ÖBB-Personenverkehr AG by the Ministry of Climate Protection in order to reliably maintain public transport between Vienna and Salzburg the following changes will remain in place until October 7, 2020.
- From 05:42 a.m. to 09:42 p.m. WESTbahn will depart from Wien Westbahnhof every two hours. From there, trains will go to Salzburg Hbf with stops in Wien Meidling, Tullnerfeld, St. Pölten, Amstetten, St. Valentin, Linz, Wels, Attnang-Puchheim, Vöcklabruck and Neumarkt-Köstendorf.
- In the opposite direction WESTbahn departs from Salzburg starting at 05:10 a.m. and runs every two hours until 09:10 p.m.
- The stops Tullnerfeld, St. Valentin and Neumarkt-Köstendorf will thus be served additionally, Wien Hütteldorf will no longer be a stop.
- Travel time from Wien Westbahnhof to Salzburg will be extended to 3 hours 38 minutes due to the changed route and the additional stops. Travel time from Wien Meidling to Salzburg will be 3 hours 21 minutes.
- Due to extensive construction work travel time will be extended between July 18 and September 4, 2020. We will publish the according information soon.
- All valid tickets of VOR, OÖVV and SVV are accepted on board of WESTbahn during the emergency allocation.
- At the same time, there will also be a mutual ticket recognition of all not train-bound tickets of WESTbahn and ÖBB during the emergency allocation. Thus, you can also use your WESTbahn ticket (including SommerHit Ticket) in ÖBB's long-distance trains (Railjet, Railjet Xpress, ICE) from Vienna to Salzburg, in ÖBB Cityjet Xpress trains from Wien Westbahnhof to Amstetten as well as in S80 between Wien Hütteldorf and Wien Meidling.
- Please note that promotional fares for the Vienna - Salzburg route are not available from either company during the emergency allocation or can only be used alternately if they are not train-bound.
- A joint timetable of WESTbahn and ÖBB guarantees an hourly frequency between Wien Meidling and Salzburg Hbf, additionally intensified by further hourly connections of ÖBB. You will find the timetable below.
The government and we would like to offer security and stability in this difficult phase, so that you can travel by train between Vienna and Salzburg, if necessary. We regret any difficulties that may result from the temporarily changed timetable.
Starting April 14, mouth and nose have to be covered in public transport. Please bring along your mask or scarf when travelling with WESTbahn. Masks will not be issued on board.