Good news: After the end of the emergency award on the western route, we will be back for you at hourly intervals between Vienna and Salzburg starting July 5, 2021.
- There will again be up to 15 WESTbahn connections daily in each direction.
- At minute .42, we will once again leave from Wien Westbahnhof via Hütteldorf to Salzburg.
- This means we return to the significantly shorter journey time (Wien Westbahnhof - Linz 1 h 14 min, Wien Westbahnhof - Salzburg 2 h 26 min).
- Promotional fares will again be available (WESTsuperpreis bookable from 9 June, 00.00 hrs).
We would also like to point out that ÖBB Infrastruktur will be carrying out construction works between Amstetten and Linz from July 11 to August 20. As a result, the departure and arrival times in Vienna, St. Pölten and Amstetten will change during this phase compared to the regular timetable (departure 10 minutes earlier in direction of Salzburg, arrival 10 minutes later in direction of Vienna).
ÖBB tickets as well as VOR and SVV tickets can only be used in WESTbahn trains until July 4. Until then, the timetable below will continue to apply with the following points:
- In the joint timetable with ÖBB, WESTbahn runs 9 trains per direction daily. These trains depart from Wien Westbahnhof at minute 36 or 42. From there, there are intermediate stops in Vienna Meidling, Tullnerfeld, St. Pölten, Amstetten, St. Valentin, Linz, Wels, Attnang-Puchheim, Vöcklabruck and Neumarkt am Wallersee to Salzburg Hauptbahnhof. Vienna Hütteldorf is omitted as a stop. The journey time is longer due to the changed routing.
- As an extension to this, up to 3 trains of the WESTbahn run daily (except on Saturdays) in each direction with the usual stopping pattern and journey time from Vienna Westbahnhof via Vienna Hütteldorf (and without stopping at the above-mentioned three additional stations) to Salzburg Hauptbahnhof.
- Due to the different routing, there may be a rotation of the car order.
- All valid VOR, OÖVV and SVV tickets will be accepted on all WESTbahn trains until 4 July 2021. The reciprocal ticket acceptance of WESTbahn and ÖBB will also apply until then.
You can therefore also use your WESTbahn ticket on the following ÖBB trains: On long-distance trains (Railjet, Railjet Xpress, ICE, D as well as IC [except IC 94 and IC 95] between Vienna and Salzburg, on CJX trains between Vienna Westbahnhof and Amstetten as well as on the S80 between Vienna Hütteldorf and Vienna Meidling.
Please note: Passengers aged 14 and over must wear an FFP2 mask during the entire train journey. Children from 6 years of age can alternatively wear a mouth-nose protection.
See you soon,
PS: Please note the validity period of the following timetables!