Timetable restrictions from August 19, 2019 until September 8, 2019
From Monday, August 19, 2019 until Sunday, September 8, 2019, the majority of WESTblue line trains only run between Wien Praterstern and Attnang-Puchheim (and not to/from Salzburg).
Please note: WESTgreen line (Wien Westbahnhof – Salzburg) runs regularely.
WESTblue is restricted because of single track operations west of Attnang-Puchheim (due to construction works by ÖBB Infrastructure between Seekirchen am Wallersee and Hallwang-Elixhausen). Restrictions do not apply to a few morning connections towards Vienna and evening connections towards Salzburg.
Customers willing to travel from the Vienna stations Praterstern, Wien Mitte, Rennweg, Quartier Belvedere, Hauptbahnhof or Meidling to Salzburg or Vöcklabruck (or vice versa) can choose from the following options:
From Vienna to Salzburg:
- Take WESTgreen from Wien Westbahnhof directly to Vöcklabruck or Salzburg (direct connection)
- Take WESTblue to Linz and after a 30 minutes transfer take WESTgreen to Vöcklabruck or Salzburg (transfer connection)
- Take WESTblue at 4:56 pm, 5:56 pm or 6:56 pm from Wien Praterstern directly to Vöcklabruck or Salzburg (direct connection)
From Salzburg to Vienna:
- Take WESTgreen from Salzburg or Vöcklabruck directly to Wien Westbahnhof (direct connection)
- Take WESTgreen from Salzburg or Vöcklabruck to Attnang-Puchheim and after a 30 minutes transfer take WESTblue to Wien Praterstern (transfer connection)
- Take WESTblue at 6:22 am or 7:22 am from Salzburg or Vöcklabruck directly to Wien Praterstern (direct connection)